This position is responsible for enhancing each customer’s relationship with Sage. This objective will be primarily accomplished by aiding customers with escalated or more complex questions or issues regarding Sage's products or services and their application in the customer’s business operating environment. Support is provided in adherence to company guidelines and will be performed through various channels (telephone, email, chat, etc.). Customer relationships will also be enhanced by the identification of customer needs that can be addressed by additional Sage products or services. In addition, analysts will regularly author articles for submission to the knowledge base and engage in team-based project work. Provides mentoring and training to less experienced staff.
• Provides an Extraordinary Customer Experience across one or more Sage products or industries by addressing inquiries using a variety of channels (telephone, email, chat, social media, etc.) in a support-center environment adhering to scheduled shifts, procedures, metrics, and departmental goals
• Independently identifies the root cause of the client’s software or system issues and uses system analysis and testing techniques to solve low to complex application or system issues. Listens for customer trends and takes appropriate action to resolve. Acts as knowledge resource to others
• Uses Knowledge Center Support (KCS) methodologies to efficiently resolve issues. Contributes to company knowledge capital by creating and modifying reusable solutions in the knowledge base according to established procedures and policies. Actively promotes the knowledge base to our customers. May participate in Evolve Loop creation, review articles for technical accuracy, and publish articles. Maintains article quality standards
• Recognizes creative opportunities and advises customers in realizing a higher return on investment, greater insight into business activities, operating business more effectively, and improving business efficiency utilizing Sage products and services
• Documents each customer contact using our contact tracking systems in a clear, concise, and understandable format. Escalate unresolved customer issues with all pertinent information included, to appropriate resources
• Prioritizes work for self and assists others, balancing the importance from the customer perspective and resources available with minimal impact on operational efficiency. Follows through on commitments, communicating status of work and removes barriers that may interfere with progress. Effectively adjusts when priorities and resources change, managing time and resources to ensure the best possible outcome for the customer, employee and organization
• Stays current on technical and business knowledge in all assigned applications. Seeks out opportunities to educate or share knowledge with team members. Acts as a positive change agent for roll out and alignment of support processes and procedures
• Lead or actively participate in internal projects such as improvements to call flow processes, training development, capturing and maintaining knowledge capital, improving overall support skills, and improving customer service in the department as assigned
• Requires the ability to adhere to a structured work schedule and efficiently self-manage work time
• Requires the ability to step through a linear analysis of complex technical issues and to identify problems and suggest solutions in a logical manner. Requires strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills, including the ability to actively listen, ask meaningful probing questions and the ability to break business processes into simplified steps
• Must be able to learn and apply technical knowledge, work within defined policy and procedures, and use standardized tools and technology to perform job functions
• Requires strong verbal, listening, and written communication skills
• Works collaboratively and effectively within a team of peers. Promotes a positive, constructive attitude in the workplace. This includes presenting challenges in a positive light, offering constructive approaches to overcoming difficulties, and treating all individuals with respect. Acts as a mentor to others and identifies coaching/training opportunities
• Diploma/Degree would be an advantage (relevant to Accounting)
• 1-2 years’ of relevant experience as Technical Customer Services is require.
Sage is the market leader for integrated accounting, payroll and payment systems, supporting the ambition of the world’s entrepreneurs.
Like many of the businesses we serve, Sage began as a small business and has grown beyond what seemed imaginable. Today over 13000 colleagues now support millions of entrepreneurs across 23 countries as they power the global economy.
It is these entrepreneurs who are the drivers of prosperity and it’s our privilege and honour to serve them. We take real pride from how many of our customers have flourished and, that our products have grown with them as they moved from start-up to successful, international businesses.
In a world where only the voices of the biggest are heard, we will always fight to hear the voice of the entrepreneur.
An innovator today and tomorrow
Our smart people use the smartest technology to reinvent and simplify business accounting - working with a thriving community of entrepreneurs, business owners, tradespeople, accountants, partners and developers.
We enable our customers to focus on their business and help them to leapfrog to the future.
Inventing the future
We are changing the way that millions of businesses track the movement of money through their business. We are also changing the way we do business. And as a FTSE 100 business we believe in a socially-responsible world and we are active in supporting our local communities and invest in making a real difference through the philanthropy of the Sage Foundation. Our Sage Foundation is based on the 2+2+2 model - 2% of free cash flow, 2% of colleagues' time and up to 2 free products each year to charitable organizations. Colleagues are empowered to give to the causes that matter to them.
Our customers make life-sacrifices. They take risks to follow their dreams and pursue their passions and, on this, global prosperity is built. They deserve a bigger voice and we will always work hard to champion this noble cause.