The role of the Product Manager, as part of the Product management function at Sage, it to:
• Align the local product roadmap with the product strategy to meet regional commercial objectives and local R&D capacity
• Contribute local product and market knowledge to inform decisions on product vision and strategy for the region
• Drive obsessive commercial management to meet reginal and product portfolio fiscal objectives
The Product Manager will own the overall integration strategy and work closely with Product Marketing and Product Development to enable agile and innovative delivery which is commercially successful.
• Adhere religiously to product management methodology for roadmap definition, documentation, communication, and governance
• Analyse and use local product, competitor, market, and customer knowledge to contribute to the definition of clear and compelling product vision and strategy for the region
• Build and maintain a roadmap for the product that is aligned with the product vision and strategy for the region
• Work with local R&D to align roadmap releases and deliverables with development capacity, to define and communicate product requirements, and to ensure product delivery as planned
• Work with local product marketing and other cross functional groups to ensure that the roadmap supports local commercial and financial objectives
• Ensure product marketing, marketing & channel and strategic partners have all relevant product information to launch products and updates successfully
• Act as the go to person for all product and roadmap related information needs in the country or region
• Engage with external parties (e.g., partners, accountants, press, media, customers) from the product and technology perspective
• Ensure that the voice of customer is represented across all product deliverables, enhancements and launches
• Engagement with stakeholders at different levels with different functions (tech, marketing, sales, leadership)
• Deep customer and domain knowledge including local compliance, vendors, market forces and needs
• Team player who shows initiative and drive to lead regional vision while contributing to the global mission
• High energy, great listener, communicator generally
• Excel at presentations to internal and external audiences; highly engaged on social platforms
• Accountable for the outcome - the results in country and globally
• Driven, ambitious
• Passionate and expert at cloud and mobile technology
• Seeks opportunity and removes obstacles
• Passion for Sage growth and the customer
• Customer/partner led, ability to turn customer insights into meaningful strategies and roadmaps
• Product management experience in an agile development environment
• Experience operating in a matrix management organisation
• Strong understanding of ERP and Accounting products and regulations
Sage is the market leader for integrated accounting, payroll and payment systems, supporting the ambition of the world’s entrepreneurs.
Like many of the businesses we serve, Sage began as a small business and has grown beyond what seemed imaginable. Today over 13000 colleagues now support millions of entrepreneurs across 23 countries as they power the global economy.
It is these entrepreneurs who are the drivers of prosperity and it’s our privilege and honour to serve them. We take real pride from how many of our customers have flourished and, that our products have grown with them as they moved from start-up to successful, international businesses.
In a world where only the voices of the biggest are heard, we will always fight to hear the voice of the entrepreneur.
An innovator today and tomorrow
Our smart people use the smartest technology to reinvent and simplify business accounting - working with a thriving community of entrepreneurs, business owners, tradespeople, accountants, partners and developers.
We enable our customers to focus on their business and help them to leapfrog to the future.
Inventing the future
We are changing the way that millions of businesses track the movement of money through their business. We are also changing the way we do business. And as a FTSE 100 business we believe in a socially-responsible world and we are active in supporting our local communities and invest in making a real difference through the philanthropy of the Sage Foundation. Our Sage Foundation is based on the 2+2+2 model - 2% of free cash flow, 2% of colleagues' time and up to 2 free products each year to charitable organizations. Colleagues are empowered to give to the causes that matter to them.
Our customers make life-sacrifices. They take risks to follow their dreams and pursue their passions and, on this, global prosperity is built. They deserve a bigger voice and we will always work hard to champion this noble cause.