The Software Engineer is responsible for building, enhancing and maintaining products and/or systems to enable Sage’s business plans and long term objectives using the identified architecture.
The Developer will design, develop and deliver high quality products and/or systems and services that exceed customers’ or business partners’ expectations and will proactively share their own knowledge for specific technical solutions
and business processes in their area of responsibility.
• Successful develop, delivery maintain high quality software (requirements, design, code, documentation, etc.)
• Contribute to quality activities, incl. peer reviews of estimates, designs and code
• Resolve defects/bugs during QA testing, pre-production, production, and post-release patches
• Be an active and enthusiastic team player. Partner effectively with all team members to deliver against commitments
• Commitment to team success and positive team dynamics
• Work cross-functionally with various Sage teams: product management, QA/XD, various product lines, or business units to drive forward results
• Proven experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, and/or Extreme Programming methodologies
• Participate in all phases of the project lifecycle
• Maintain relevant documentation to describe logic, coding/configuration, testing and changes where applicable
• Continuously strive to make improvements to the existing products and/or systems and services
• Ensure all tasks are completed to the required quality standards
• Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools & techniques
• Provide 3rd tier support and/or expertise for the area of responsibility
• Knows and applies the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of software development
• Passion for being hands on techie
• Ability to interpret and document user requirements and translate these into technical specifications and/or code
• High numerical reasoning and logic ability with good problem-solving skills
• Knowledge of one or more relevant programming languages, frameworks and databases – VB6, C, Power Shell, SQL
• Be willing to adapt to significant changes in either technology or environment
• Broad operational knowledge in 21st Century IT (Cloud, Social, Mobility, IoT, Big Data…)
• Knowledge on Architecture Best Practices and Patterns (Microservices, CQRS, Event Sourcing, Domain-Driven Design, …)
• Proven experience in using a TDD approach
Sage is the market leader for integrated accounting, payroll and payment systems, supporting the ambition of the world’s entrepreneurs.
Like many of the businesses we serve, Sage began as a small business and has grown beyond what seemed imaginable. Today over 13000 colleagues now support millions of entrepreneurs across 23 countries as they power the global economy.
It is these entrepreneurs who are the drivers of prosperity and it’s our privilege and honour to serve them. We take real pride from how many of our customers have flourished and, that our products have grown with them as they moved from start-up to successful, international businesses.
In a world where only the voices of the biggest are heard, we will always fight to hear the voice of the entrepreneur.
An innovator today and tomorrow
Our smart people use the smartest technology to reinvent and simplify business accounting - working with a thriving community of entrepreneurs, business owners, tradespeople, accountants, partners and developers.
We enable our customers to focus on their business and help them to leapfrog to the future.
Inventing the future
We are changing the way that millions of businesses track the movement of money through their business. We are also changing the way we do business. And as a FTSE 100 business we believe in a socially-responsible world and we are active in supporting our local communities and invest in making a real difference through the philanthropy of the Sage Foundation. Our Sage Foundation is based on the 2+2+2 model - 2% of free cash flow, 2% of colleagues' time and up to 2 free products each year to charitable organizations. Colleagues are empowered to give to the causes that matter to them.
Our customers make life-sacrifices. They take risks to follow their dreams and pursue their passions and, on this, global prosperity is built. They deserve a bigger voice and we will always work hard to champion this noble cause.