A key member of the Australia Marketing Team and Sage Business Cloud People team, this role is responsible for building awareness, driving demand, and managing the pipeline for People and Payroll solutions in Australia. The successful
applicant will have a proven track record as a results-oriented field marketing manager gained at another cloud software company, familiar with marketing to medium and large businesses. The position will ideally be based in Sydney or
Melbourne, Australia and will matrix report to the Global Marketing Director for Sage Business Cloud People, with dotted line to Head of Campaign Management Australia.
• Working and participating as a key member of the Sage Australia marketing team, create and execute a data driven marketing strategy, with integrated campaigns and programs that include a blend of inbound and outbound activities to
drive Payroll and People sales
• Collaboratively build the local demand models and determine the number of SALs that need to be delivered by marketing to ensure the required pipeline coverage for sales success in each quarter for the region
• Focus on delivering an agreed number of high quality, qualified leads to sales (SALs) in support of new ACV targets
• Act as the trusted, go-to-person for sales development and sales teams to create and execute programs that drive leads from targeted accounts, while keeping them informed of marketing programs and activities
• Prepare detailed campaign and data briefs and present them to internal and external agencies with confidence and clarity and proactively co-ordinate marketing campaigns across all elements of the marketing mix including email,
webinars, SEO, PPC, PR, social media, and events
• Leverage the Sage Busines Cloud People and APAC Marketing Services & Communications team to develop content, update website, create blogs, LinkedIn and other social sites, syndicating content wherever possible to drive traffic, create
awareness and grow demand with target audience
• Be able to leverage and adapt global campaigns as well as create new local campaigns and execute these using Eloqua/Pardot and Salesforce.com (SFDC)
• Use successful and effective PR, influencer and social media campaigns to drive brand awareness and build Sage thought leadership, using success metrics to show outcomes
• Track, measure, analyse and report on effectiveness of demand creation campaigns and impact on pipeline for multiple stakeholders across Sage, making recommendations for future programs and investments
• Facilitate outcome oriented communication between marketing and sales teams through frequent, consistent and effective interaction
• Reconcile actual costs to budget and keep with cost guidelines through good financial and invoice management and administration
• Work with Sage Business Cloud People’s Customer Advocacy Manager to grow a portfolio of customer case studies using different techniques including video, to showcase how Sage is helping them build People Companies, with payroll
compliance at the core
• Work collaboratively with local event management to run industry, trade, sales prospecting, and other events to build in market presence, brand and leads
• Work with local partners (such as Salesforce) and ISVs, sharing marketing plans, leveraging appropriate content and running joint campaigns towards agreed objectives
• Five years or more previous experience in marketing with strong emphasis on mid-market / SME demand creation in Australia
• A good understanding of cloud and the HR domain; ideally will have a successful track record of working as a marketing manager with another cloud software company
• Able to build and maintain standards and processes for key segmentation and list building across multiple marketing channels
• Has a working knowledge of digital marketing with some experience in at least two or more of: website management, search marketing, social media, content marketing and mobile marketing
• The ability to develop and maintain ongoing data quality and lead hygiene processes
• Understanding of and familiarity with running effective webinars using technology such as Webex, ON24, GoToWebinar etc.
• Experience with running campaigns with marketing automation software such as Eloqua/Pardot or similar software
• Knowledge of and proven experience in events marketing
• Experience of working collaboratively with product, sales and sales development teams, able to represent marketing effectively, while delivering supporting content, tools to enable sales success in a timely manner
• Experience managing relationships with third-party vendors
• Excellent verbal, written, presentation and analytical skills; good financial management skills
• Ability to work independently, while also contributing as a team player; willing to experiment with new ideas, concepts, tools and approaches to marketing and business development using outcome based metrics to demonstrate success
• A degree preferably in marketing, communications, business or other related subjects
Sage is the market leader for integrated accounting, payroll and payment systems, supporting the ambition of the world’s entrepreneurs.
Like many of the businesses we serve, Sage began as a small business and has grown beyond what seemed imaginable. Today over 13000 colleagues now support millions of entrepreneurs across 23 countries as they power the global economy.
It is these entrepreneurs who are the drivers of prosperity and it’s our privilege and honour to serve them. We take real pride from how many of our customers have flourished and, that our products have grown with them as they moved from start-up to successful, international businesses.
In a world where only the voices of the biggest are heard, we will always fight to hear the voice of the entrepreneur.
An innovator today and tomorrow
Our smart people use the smartest technology to reinvent and simplify business accounting - working with a thriving community of entrepreneurs, business owners, tradespeople, accountants, partners and developers.
We enable our customers to focus on their business and help them to leapfrog to the future.
Inventing the future
We are changing the way that millions of businesses track the movement of money through their business. We are also changing the way we do business. And as a FTSE 100 business we believe in a socially-responsible world and we are active in supporting our local communities and invest in making a real difference through the philanthropy of the Sage Foundation. Our Sage Foundation is based on the 2+2+2 model - 2% of free cash flow, 2% of colleagues' time and up to 2 free products each year to charitable organizations. Colleagues are empowered to give to the causes that matter to them.
Our customers make life-sacrifices. They take risks to follow their dreams and pursue their passions and, on this, global prosperity is built. They deserve a bigger voice and we will always work hard to champion this noble cause.