Reward Business Partner
Working with the Regional Reward Director the Compensation & Benefits Business Partner role is to support the delivery of our Reward & Recognition vision and strategy across the business. The role supports the People Business Partners and business and involves autonomously partnering Senior Leaders and the Local People Function through the provision of advice and guidance, researching best practice and the delivery of operational and project responsibilities with a global mind-set.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
• Outstanding operational delivery of the Sage compensation and benefits strategy, to support the local business needs, including but not limited to preparation of new hire packages, promotions, role grading, modelling and costing reward scenarios as required
• Proactively Identifies local gaps in existing compensation and benefits programs and works closely with the Regional Reward Director to develop business cases for change. Operational delivery of the change, including effective communication and training of leaders, line managers and employees as necessary.
• Responsible for partnering and coaching People Services to ensure the flawless implementation of all day to day administration of reward processes and practices
• Provide true business partnering and consultancy service to Senior Leaders and People Business Partnering team in all locations / functions accountable for. Ensuring advice supports our strategy, ensuring attraction, retention and motivation of colleagues aligned to business goals. Acts in the best interests of Sage globally and finds a way to deliver effective solutions even when faced with employee and/or line manager resistance to proposed changes
• Take the local lead and work in partnership with Global Reward Leads to support the operational delivery of all Sage Reward & Recognition global projects
• Build effective working relationships with third party reward suppliers to ensure best value for spend and market aligned Employee Value Proposition within budget
• To collaborate with colleagues in the People Centre of Excellence to share practice, knowledge and expertise
• Sharing knowledge with and peer development of other C&B Business Partners globally
• To keep fully aware of reward practices of direct and indirect competitors and market practice and share knowledge and initiate change as appropriate Skills,
Key performance indicators:
5 goals will be agreed per annum that directly align to the colleague’s area of responsibility and further aligned to the overall functional and wider Sage deliverables
Examples of these might be:-
• Annual Review Process
• Total Compensation
• Benefits & Recognition
• Share Plans
• Pay & Grading Alignment Technical / professional qualifications:
• Educated to at least first degree level (or equivalent) in the relevant field. A masters in HR management, tax qualification or an MBA, would be an advantage.
Local benefit budget - TBC
Key stakeholders: Country Managing Directors; Regional Reward Director; Consultant Executive Reward; Reward Leads; People Directors & Business Partners; Talent Acquisition Team; Shared Services Team; Finance Team; L&D Team
know-how and experience: - Must have:
• Previous Senior Leader Business Partnering experience is essential along with a strong background of multi-country compensation and benefits experience with an emphasis in the relevant Region, and solid understanding of relevant legislation and regulations in the countries covered
• A strong track record of successfully implementing annual compensation and benefit plans, processes and programmes
• Good knowledge and experience of mergers, acquisitions and divestitures with regards to compensation and benefits and the transfer of colleagues from such businesses to the parent business
• Good knowledge of policy and practice design and delivery
• Good knowledge of all aspects of reward and recognition including short and long term incentives, cash and share based, benefits
• Strong commercial and influencing skills and proven track record of engagement with the business to create and drive through commercially effective reward propositions backed up with compelling data and analytics
• Excellent stakeholder management and relationship builder at all levels within the organisation with a resilient ability to challenge and manage upwards
• Ability to adapt style to different audiences and cultural differences to achieve desired outcome
• Strong analytical and conceptual problem-solving skills. Good process and systems skills and very strong attention to detail
• Collaborative, adaptable and flexible
• Fluent in English, with strong verbal and written skills.
• Highly numerate and advanced Excel skills - comfortable with financial reports, financial data.
Sage is the market leader for integrated accounting, payroll and payment systems, supporting the ambition of the world’s entrepreneurs.
Like many of the businesses we serve, Sage began as a small business and has grown beyond what seemed imaginable. Today over 13000 colleagues now support millions of entrepreneurs across 23 countries as they power the global economy.
It is these entrepreneurs who are the drivers of prosperity and it’s our privilege and honour to serve them. We take real pride from how many of our customers have flourished and, that our products have grown with them as they moved from start-up to successful, international businesses.
In a world where only the voices of the biggest are heard, we will always fight to hear the voice of the entrepreneur.
An innovator today and tomorrow
Our smart people use the smartest technology to reinvent and simplify business accounting - working with a thriving community of entrepreneurs, business owners, tradespeople, accountants, partners and developers.
We enable our customers to focus on their business and help them to leapfrog to the future.
Inventing the future
We are changing the way that millions of businesses track the movement of money through their business. We are also changing the way we do business. And as a FTSE 100 business we believe in a socially-responsible world and we are active in supporting our local communities and invest in making a real difference through the philanthropy of the Sage Foundation. Our Sage Foundation is based on the 2+2+2 model - 2% of free cash flow, 2% of colleagues' time and up to 2 free products each year to charitable organizations. Colleagues are empowered to give to the causes that matter to them.
Our customers make life-sacrifices. They take risks to follow their dreams and pursue their passions and, on this, global prosperity is built. They deserve a bigger voice and we will always work hard to champion this noble cause.