Location: Newcastle, UK
As part of the new Global Finance Organisation, a European finance shared service centre (EFSSC) is being established to deliver transactional processing services across [insert region/location], covering Purchase to Pay (P2P), Order to Cash (O2C), and Record to Report (R2R).
This full-time role will lead a team of credit and collections colleagues in the Sage EFSSC, managing the credit and collections and dispute management process and ensuring it meets the current and future needs of the business, reflecting the underlying business requirements and policies. The role will additionally support the ongoing continuous improvement of related O2C processes.
Our credit control teams are multi-skilled, delivering both key customer relationship activities and also volume and subscription based activities. Key stakeholders include; accountants, business partners, retail and independent financial advisors, banking partners, sales and internal accounting partners. The management of such relationships will entail risk management, strong customer relationship management, and efficient cash collection. Based in Newcastle, the successful candidate will have experience operating within a credit and collections team preferably in a finance shared services environment for a FTSE100 business.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
• Manage customer relationships including stakeholder management, dispute management, communication and ongoing engagement
• Manage the daily activities of the credit, dispute management, and collections teams, managing the outputs of a team of Credit Controllers
• Responsible for maximizing the collections performance of Credit Controllers
• Investigate and resolve unallocated and unidentified receipts
• Responsible for credit checking of customers
• Align the process to the Sage O2C strategy, providing input into the future direction of the O2C process and wider finance shared services centre
• Manage and maintain strong relationships with external debt collection agencies
• Establish, prioritise and communicate worklists to your team
• Ensure that all customer credits & refunds are managed and enabled
• Implement, deliver and manage robust debt chase/collection policy and procedures
• Regular reviews of ledger balances including proactive remedies to reduce or eliminate bad debt, supporting the wider finance function in bad debt provisioning
• Actively monitor and report on customer payment behaviour
• Achieve daily/weekly/monthly KPI performance to deliver to the performance management framework
• Deliver required service levels to achieve pre-defined Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
• Manage the exposure to risk and deliver credit checking of existing and prospective customers
• Responsible for personnel management, including; manpower planning, performance management and development of your team
• Ensure that all regulatory compliance is adhered to and ensuring your knowledge of the consumer credit act, SEPA and direct debit legislation is up to date
• Deliver excellent standards of customer service internally and externally, building and maintaining strong customer relationships
• Identify and deliver continuous improvement initiatives to optimise the credit and collections and dispute management process
• Ensure that the teams operate within Sage internal compliance policies
• Forge and maintain both internal and external customer relationships
• Identify, resolve and escalate credit and collections, and dispute management risks and issues as required
• Manage the delivery of the month end and close for the credit and collections processes
Key performance indicators (indicative):
• Days Sales Outstanding (DSO)
• Overdue debt
• Cash collection targets
• Volume of transactions processed
• Age, value and volume of debt
• Timely collection of debt
• Effective stakeholder engagement and negotiation
• Value of suggested improvements
• Customer satisfaction index
• Staff engagement and performance Direct reports:
• Credit & Collection Analysts
• EFSSC Director
• Order to Cash Lead
• Sage Customer(s)
• Sage Group Treasury
• Sage R2R Team
• Debt Collection Agencies
Skills, know-how and experience:
• Proven credit & collections experience (subscription/direct debits desirable)
• Proven credit & collections experience (Technology environment is desirable)
• Proven dispute management experience including “Root Cause Analysis”
• Proven experience of managing complex customer accounts and relationships
• Proven understanding of credit management controls/risk management
• Proven leadership/people management experience
• Proven management of and delivery of Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
• Proven working knowledge of Microsoft ® Office Suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
• Excellent written verbal and communication skills
• ERP experience (Sage X3 desirable)
• Debt management software experience
• Customer Relationship Management (CRM) experience
• A strong understanding of best-practice O2C processes
• Active participation in systems improvement/implementation programmes
• Command of a European language (desirable)
• Chartered Institute of Credit Management (CICM) (desirable)
• Project management qualification (e.g. PRINCE 2/APM/PMP desirable)
Sage is the market leader for integrated accounting, payroll and payment systems, supporting the ambition of the world’s entrepreneurs.
Like many of the businesses we serve, Sage began as a small business and has grown beyond what seemed imaginable. Today over 13000 colleagues now support millions of entrepreneurs across 23 countries as they power the global economy.
It is these entrepreneurs who are the drivers of prosperity and it’s our privilege and honour to serve them. We take real pride from how many of our customers have flourished and, that our products have grown with them as they moved from start-up to successful, international businesses.
In a world where only the voices of the biggest are heard, we will always fight to hear the voice of the entrepreneur.
An innovator today and tomorrow
Our smart people use the smartest technology to reinvent and simplify business accounting - working with a thriving community of entrepreneurs, business owners, tradespeople, accountants, partners and developers.
We enable our customers to focus on their business and help them to leapfrog to the future.
Inventing the future
We are changing the way that millions of businesses track the movement of money through their business. We are also changing the way we do business. And as a FTSE 100 business we believe in a socially-responsible world and we are active in supporting our local communities and invest in making a real difference through the philanthropy of the Sage Foundation. Our Sage Foundation is based on the 2+2+2 model - 2% of free cash flow, 2% of colleagues' time and up to 2 free products each year to charitable organizations. Colleagues are empowered to give to the causes that matter to them.
Our customers make life-sacrifices. They take risks to follow their dreams and pursue their passions and, on this, global prosperity is built. They deserve a bigger voice and we will always work hard to champion this noble cause.