Performance Reporting Analyst (Functional reporting)
Working within our Performance Reporting team, the Analyst role will be responsible for assisting Global Finance Business Partners with cost analysis, headcount analysis and forecasting processes across our General & Administration (G&A) functions, spanning multiple geographies. Working closely with our finance teams across the countries in which we operate, as well as Global Finance Business Partners, you will play a key role in understanding actual results, performance against budget/forecast and therefore identifying areas of concern requiring action from the business. You be influential in the process of driving business decisions.
You will play a critical role in our annual and quarterly Forecasting processes, projecting results for the remainder of the year, defining forecast guidance/targets and playing a role in executing on projects as part of our drive for continual improvement.
This will require a commercial mindset and an understanding of KPIs that really drive Sage, appreciating how they impact performance in G&A functions and ensuring a consistent approach to costs analysis is embedded in the G&A functional areas, across multiple territories.
Based on the functions that you support, you will get to the heart of our business; you will be exposed to real business issues and be pivotal in driving solutions.
You will be a crucial link between our Financial Operations teams and our Finance Business Partners, with the FBPs then partnering the Operation.
To be successful, you will be agile, adaptable, commercially minded, flexible in dealing with ambiguity, have strong problem-solving skills and be ready for a challenge. As part of this, you will receive strong exposure to senior finance leaders, functional leaders and have the opportunity to advance your career in the future with Sage.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
• Drive continuous improvement in processes to forecasting and measuring our G&A cost base, ultimately driving greater accuracy in our cost base;
• Support Global G&A Finance business partners through thorough analysis and understanding of our functional costs and headcount, to develop data-driven insight and assist in the delivery of targets;
• Maintain cost and headcount models for the G&A functions, to simplify the budgeting and forecasting processes and drive consistency across multiple countries;
• Drive insight in to the KPIs driving the G&A functional areas and understand how these lead to, and impact, financial outcomes;
• Drive standardization and automation of processes and analysis that are currently very manual, to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the finance function;
• Support development of business cases within the G&A functions and ultimately drive a ROI-minded culture. Skills, know-how and experience:
Key performance indicators:
• Successful end-to-end budget/forecast processes;
• G&A Function budgets in line with Group expectations;
• Minimal variance to budget across G&A functions (cost and headcount);
• Full understanding by both the business and finance teams of G&A Function costs;
• Global Finance Business Partner team (specifically G&A FBPs);
• Country (local) Performance Reporting managers;
• VP Performance reporting;
• Functional leaders.
• Proactive and solution focused with high attention to detail;
• Excellent communication and people-skills;
• Resilience and positive attitude to driving change;
• Ability to cut through ambiguity to deliver insight on underlying performance;
• Commercial and operational attitude in your thinking;
• Expertise in financial and analytical modelling (strong Excel skills required);
• Experience in working with non-finance stakeholders;
• Ambitious and driven, looking to accelerate your career with Sage.
• Knowledge of HFM is beneficial
Technical / professional qualifications:
• Accountancy qualification
Sage is the market leader for integrated accounting, payroll and payment systems, supporting the ambition of the world’s entrepreneurs.
Like many of the businesses we serve, Sage began as a small business and has grown beyond what seemed imaginable. Today over 13000 colleagues now support millions of entrepreneurs across 23 countries as they power the global economy.
It is these entrepreneurs who are the drivers of prosperity and it’s our privilege and honour to serve them. We take real pride from how many of our customers have flourished and, that our products have grown with them as they moved from start-up to successful, international businesses.
In a world where only the voices of the biggest are heard, we will always fight to hear the voice of the entrepreneur.
An innovator today and tomorrow
Our smart people use the smartest technology to reinvent and simplify business accounting - working with a thriving community of entrepreneurs, business owners, tradespeople, accountants, partners and developers.
We enable our customers to focus on their business and help them to leapfrog to the future.
Inventing the future
We are changing the way that millions of businesses track the movement of money through their business. We are also changing the way we do business. And as a FTSE 100 business we believe in a socially-responsible world and we are active in supporting our local communities and invest in making a real difference through the philanthropy of the Sage Foundation. Our Sage Foundation is based on the 2+2+2 model - 2% of free cash flow, 2% of colleagues' time and up to 2 free products each year to charitable organizations. Colleagues are empowered to give to the causes that matter to them.
Our customers make life-sacrifices. They take risks to follow their dreams and pursue their passions and, on this, global prosperity is built. They deserve a bigger voice and we will always work hard to champion this noble cause.