Technical Accounting Manager Regional
Job purpose: This is a key new role within the Sage Financial Accounting function and is focused on ensuring that the Region remains technically compliant with strong control through effective implementation of global policies and achieves world class external reporting. Reporting to the Director of Financial Accounting and Control the role is an integral part of the Technical accounting team within the Financial Accounting function and will have relationships with key external and internal stakeholders. Ensuring conformity with IFRS and internal control requirements. Additionally to provide support to the Director of Financial Accounting and Control and Technical Accounting in relation to Board and Audit Committee reporting and stewardship ensuring the highest standards of financial governance.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
· Initial 12 to 18 month period actively involved in implementation of the new revenue recognition standard, IFRS 15.
· Maintenance of the Group Accounting Manual.
· Provide support and training to the finance and business community in your Region.
· Make and implement recommendations for changes in Group Accounting policy along with pronouncements through professional regulatory bodies working in conjunction with the technical accounting team.
· Assess business and financial impacts from technical and FRC changes and potential changes in accounting policy requirements. Recommend solutions based on independent research and ensure recommendations are applied consistently across the Group.
· Provide technical accounting advice/research and solutions in relation to commercial propositions, ensuring conformity across the Group.
· Follow up on technical papers to ensure that findings are adopted.
· Support preparation of board and audit committee papers.
· Liaison with and support to the group external auditors and audit processes for areas of involvement.
· Provide support to technical accounting specialists within the Financial Accounting function’s technical accounting team.
Key performance indicators:
· Sage Accounting Policies and external reporting comply with IFRS and best practice; absolutely no referral to the Financial Reporting Review Panel.
· No omissions of Key Internal Control requirements from the Sage Accounting Policies.
· All new technical accounting updates implemented in a timely and through manner
· All board and external audit briefing requirements delivered to a high standard of quality and understanding
· Excellent feedback from stakeholders
Skills, know-how and experience:
· High standard of report writing skills
· Expertise in IFRS and provision of technical reviews
· Experience in complex global organisations
· Proactive influencing and leadership skills
· Project management capability
· Excellent communicator and ability to present at all levels
· Group consolidation and individual company accounting experience
· Sound knowledge of ERP applications
Technical / professional qualifications:
· Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA, CPA) with at least 5 years of PQE experience
Sage is the market leader for integrated accounting, payroll and payment systems, supporting the ambition of the world’s entrepreneurs.
Like many of the businesses we serve, Sage began as a small business and has grown beyond what seemed imaginable. Today over 13000 colleagues now support millions of entrepreneurs across 23 countries as they power the global economy.
It is these entrepreneurs who are the drivers of prosperity and it’s our privilege and honour to serve them. We take real pride from how many of our customers have flourished and, that our products have grown with them as they moved from start-up to successful, international businesses.
In a world where only the voices of the biggest are heard, we will always fight to hear the voice of the entrepreneur.
An innovator today and tomorrow
Our smart people use the smartest technology to reinvent and simplify business accounting - working with a thriving community of entrepreneurs, business owners, tradespeople, accountants, partners and developers.
We enable our customers to focus on their business and help them to leapfrog to the future.
Inventing the future
We are changing the way that millions of businesses track the movement of money through their business. We are also changing the way we do business. And as a FTSE 100 business we believe in a socially-responsible world and we are active in supporting our local communities and invest in making a real difference through the philanthropy of the Sage Foundation. Our Sage Foundation is based on the 2+2+2 model - 2% of free cash flow, 2% of colleagues' time and up to 2 free products each year to charitable organizations. Colleagues are empowered to give to the causes that matter to them.
Our customers make life-sacrifices. They take risks to follow their dreams and pursue their passions and, on this, global prosperity is built. They deserve a bigger voice and we will always work hard to champion this noble cause.