Working within our Finance Business Partner teams, the Commercial Analyst role will entail either revenue and cost analysis and forecasting across our Go To Market functions or global functions. Working with our finance teams across all 23 of the countries we operate in, you will understand actual results, analyse areas of concern that require focus from the business, and forecast results for the remainder of the year, as well as playing a role in helping execute on projects as part of our drive for continuous improvement and increased RoI. This will require getting close to the KPIs that really drive the business, understanding how they impact performance, and ensuring a KPI based approach is embedded in the functional areas.
Based on the functions you support you will get to the heart of our business; whether it be working with our Sales & Marketing organisations, our Product Development team who build and commercialise our products, our Services business that supports our customers, or in one of our G&A functions that support Sage Colleagues deliver for our customers, you will be exposed to real business issues and be pivotal in driving solutions.
To be successful here you will need to be agile, adaptable, be great at dealing with ambiguity and problem solving and ready for a challenge. What you’ll get in return is great exposure to senior managers and the opportunity to rapidly advance your career, either in the UK or globally.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
• Drive continuous improvements to coding, allocating and measuring the cost base;
• Support business partners through analysis and understanding around revenue and cost, to develop data-driven insights and assist delivery of financial targets;
• Maintain simple cost models for different functions, to simplify the budgeting and forecasting processes;
• Drive insight in to the KPIs driving functional areas, and understand how these lead to, and impact, financial outcomes;
• Drive standardisation and automation of simple manual analysis and reporting activities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the finance function;
• Support development of business cases and an ROI culture.
Key performance indicators:
Business achieves revenue and expenditure targets
Finance Business Partner team
Skills, know-how and experience:
· Part Qualified CIMA or similar accountancy qualification;
· Positive, can-do attitude;
· Proactive and solution focused with high attention to detail;
· Ability to deal with ambiguity and still deliver insights on underlying performance;
· Demonstrably commercial in your thinking;
· Ambitious and driven and looking to accelerate your career.
· Experience in working with non-finance stakeholders
· Expertise in financial modelling (strong Excel skills required)
Technical / professional qualifications:
· Part qualified Accountant, degree preferred
Sage is the market leader for integrated accounting, payroll and payment systems, supporting the ambition of the world’s entrepreneurs.
Like many of the businesses we serve, Sage began as a small business and has grown beyond what seemed imaginable. Today over 13000 colleagues now support millions of entrepreneurs across 23 countries as they power the global economy.
It is these entrepreneurs who are the drivers of prosperity and it’s our privilege and honour to serve them. We take real pride from how many of our customers have flourished and, that our products have grown with them as they moved from start-up to successful, international businesses.
In a world where only the voices of the biggest are heard, we will always fight to hear the voice of the entrepreneur.
An innovator today and tomorrow
Our smart people use the smartest technology to reinvent and simplify business accounting - working with a thriving community of entrepreneurs, business owners, tradespeople, accountants, partners and developers.
We enable our customers to focus on their business and help them to leapfrog to the future.
Inventing the future
We are changing the way that millions of businesses track the movement of money through their business. We are also changing the way we do business. And as a FTSE 100 business we believe in a socially-responsible world and we are active in supporting our local communities and invest in making a real difference through the philanthropy of the Sage Foundation. Our Sage Foundation is based on the 2+2+2 model - 2% of free cash flow, 2% of colleagues' time and up to 2 free products each year to charitable organizations. Colleagues are empowered to give to the causes that matter to them.
Our customers make life-sacrifices. They take risks to follow their dreams and pursue their passions and, on this, global prosperity is built. They deserve a bigger voice and we will always work hard to champion this noble cause.