Finance Business Partner – Partners & Alliances / Vertical & Specialties
Location: UK – London Bridge
This role encompasses two global areas of responsibility
- Finance Business Partner – Partners & Alliances; to be the financial advisor to the EVP for the Sage P&A function (Sage revenues £x globally)
- Finance Business Partner – Verticals & Specialties to support the VP V&S (Sage revenues £177m)
The individual will be a member of the GTM Commercial Finance team which carries a remit to support and advise all GTM functions across the Sage Group
This role will require the individual to own the following aspects:
Partners & Alliances
- Support the P&A EVP in developing and executing on an effective global P&A strategy
- Play a critical role in shaping a new global Sage Partner Program, ensuring that it is incentivises Sage’s key partners whilst being financially beneficial to Sage vs current disparate programs
- Assess commercial viability of global partnership and alliance deals
- Work alongside the P&A EVP to develop a firm set of key financial and operational performance metrics; effectively use available financial information to provide the function with insight into business performance and trajectory and also opportunities for growth
- Play a key influencing role in collaborating with other parts of the business to highlight financial process and informational gaps with a view to driving for the infrastructure and process improvements needed to enable production of timely and accurate financial data
- Support the P&A function in developing the necessary processes, governance and changes to financial policies to successfully operationalise new ways of going to market
- Act as strong interface into the regional finance teams and P&A leaders in order to provide clarity around Sage P&A strategy and initiatives
- Enhance the P&A knowledge and support capability of the regional finance teams through the running of a network of regional FBP P&A specialists
- Focus on ensuring that P&A resources are effective and targeted to those parts of the business with the highest propensity for growth and profitability and that compensation plans are effectively focussed to drive maximum ROI for the business
Verticals and Specialties
- Drive the V&S GTM team to deliver budgeted FY18 revenue growth
- Critically evaluate product performance how it contributes towards the company’s strategic direction; and assess the commercial viability of investment in each product vs potential divestment
- Play a key role in developing business investment cases in V&S
- Build an P&L for each product
- Play a key role as a member of the GTM Commercial Finance team, pushing for change and continuous improvement in the business and within finance; identify areas that require improvement and look to disrupt
Skills, know-how and experience:
· Experience in commercial finance roles, preferably in the technology sector
· Commercially aware with proven ability to identify and drive strategy
· Experience and knowledge around a channels/partners environment
· Able to partner with and influence senior non-finance business execs
· Capability to operate effectively in a matrixed environment
Excellent communication and people engagement skills
- Partner & Alliances EVP and senior exec team
- Regional P&A business leaders
- VP V&S and product owners around Europe
- Regional FBP and C&R teams
- Global commercial finance peers
- Global and Functional Finance Teams
· Proactive and solution focused with strong attention to detail
· Demonstrable ability to act as a business advisor
· Able to deal with ambiguity where required
· Comfortable at operating in a high growth and fast paced environment
· Expertise in financial modelling (strong Excel skills required) and some experience in investment appraisal
Technical / professional qualifications:
· Qualified Accountant, or equivalent degree preferred
Sage is the market leader for integrated accounting, payroll and payment systems, supporting the ambition of the world’s entrepreneurs.
Like many of the businesses we serve, Sage began as a small business and has grown beyond what seemed imaginable. Today over 13000 colleagues now support millions of entrepreneurs across 23 countries as they power the global economy.
It is these entrepreneurs who are the drivers of prosperity and it’s our privilege and honour to serve them. We take real pride from how many of our customers have flourished and, that our products have grown with them as they moved from start-up to successful, international businesses.
In a world where only the voices of the biggest are heard, we will always fight to hear the voice of the entrepreneur.
An innovator today and tomorrow
Our smart people use the smartest technology to reinvent and simplify business accounting - working with a thriving community of entrepreneurs, business owners, tradespeople, accountants, partners and developers.
We enable our customers to focus on their business and help them to leapfrog to the future.
Inventing the future
We are changing the way that millions of businesses track the movement of money through their business. We are also changing the way we do business. And as a FTSE 100 business we believe in a socially-responsible world and we are active in supporting our local communities and invest in making a real difference through the philanthropy of the Sage Foundation. Our Sage Foundation is based on the 2+2+2 model - 2% of free cash flow, 2% of colleagues' time and up to 2 free products each year to charitable organizations. Colleagues are empowered to give to the causes that matter to them.
Our customers make life-sacrifices. They take risks to follow their dreams and pursue their passions and, on this, global prosperity is built. They deserve a bigger voice and we will always work hard to champion this noble cause.