Regional Reward Director
Responsible for the operational delivery of Sage Reward & Recognition within the defined regions driving consistency and a high performing culture positioning Sage as an employer of choice with competitive and differentiated total reward including benefits management. Leadership direction and management of the local Reward Specialists ensuring an outstanding commercial service provision to the business and colleagues consistent with the People function shared service operating model.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
1. Outstanding delivery of Sage Reward & Recognition and input into future reward enhancements, to support the local business needs.
2. Ensures the operational delivery of the reward strategy is flexible enough to meet changing business needs locally but aligned to global vision.
3. Identifies any gaps in existing compensation programs and developing business cases for change. Deliver the change.
4. Manage a team of in-country specialists to deliver the service and support to the business. Develops a strong commercial, capable and cohesive team with clear direction, coaching and performance management.
5. Continually researching best practice and market driven changes within the responsible regions and acting upon knowledge gained.
6. Proactively partners with Country Managing Directors, Country People Directors, and People Business Partners providing advice and support of competitive reward consistent with strategy, ensuring attraction, retention and motivation of colleagues aligned to business goals.
7. Work with Reward Lead, Operational Excellence to ensure accurate, simple and effective processes and communication of pay, bonus, and benefits to deliver successfully in each region. Responsible for the success of local delivery.
8. Takes responsibility for making recommendations to improve ways of working and the reward proposition to the benefit of Sage and colleagues.
9. Lead the design and development of specific reward programs as requested by the VP Reward & Recognition.
Per FY17 Budget
Key stakeholders: Country Managing Directors; VP R&R; Consultant Executive Reward; Reward Leads; People Directors; Resourcing Directors; Shared Services Manager; Finance Directors; Talent Team
Matrix Reports: None
Skills, know-how and experience:
· Results focussed, financially literate, numerate, commercial, collaborator
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· A strong background in international compensation, with an emphasis in the relevant Region, and solid understanding of relevant legislation and regulations in the countries covered. Minimum 5 years proven management experience with at least 3 years in a management role in a matrixed organisation
· Experience of managing projects, defining new policies or practices and implementing in line with business strategy
· Experience with mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures with regard to Rewards
· Ability to adapt style to different audiences and cultural differences and influence where appropriate
· Highly credible relationship builder, manager and influencer at the highest levels within the organisation
· Adaptable, resilient and flexible
· Excellent strategic, analytical and conceptual problem-solving skills. Good process and systems skills
· Experience of total compensation design and implementation (pay, bonus, benefits, shares)
· Strong coaching skills and ability to translate reward and recognition concepts into practical, easy-to-use tools for colleagues.
· Fluent in English, with strong verbal and written skills.
· Demonstrated success in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
· Sales Compensation design
Technical / professional qualifications:
University educated, professional or other relevant qualifications
Key performance indicators:
Reward Strategy - Effective implementation of Group/Local reward and recognition policies and practices within the Region. Interpreting local needs and developing solutions at a local level within the global framework
Pay Ranges - Relevant market based pay ranges exist and are aligned to the Reward strategy
Sage People Implementation – Support the implementation and ongoing embedding of Sage People. Enabling administrative tasks to transition effectively to Peoples Services. Retaining transformational Reward activity. Operationalise any associated people and organisational changes
Annual Review and Bonus Communications – Ensure successful completion of year end annual review and bonus scheme communication
Benefits & Share Plans – Support Benefits and Share Plan lead in the successful implementation, communication and engagement of benefits and share plans
Sage is the market leader for integrated accounting, payroll and payment systems, supporting the ambition of the world’s entrepreneurs.
Like many of the businesses we serve, Sage began as a small business and has grown beyond what seemed imaginable. Today over 13000 colleagues now support millions of entrepreneurs across 23 countries as they power the global economy.
It is these entrepreneurs who are the drivers of prosperity and it’s our privilege and honour to serve them. We take real pride from how many of our customers have flourished and, that our products have grown with them as they moved from start-up to successful, international businesses.
In a world where only the voices of the biggest are heard, we will always fight to hear the voice of the entrepreneur.
An innovator today and tomorrow
Our smart people use the smartest technology to reinvent and simplify business accounting - working with a thriving community of entrepreneurs, business owners, tradespeople, accountants, partners and developers.
We enable our customers to focus on their business and help them to leapfrog to the future.
Inventing the future
We are changing the way that millions of businesses track the movement of money through their business. We are also changing the way we do business. And as a FTSE 100 business we believe in a socially-responsible world and we are active in supporting our local communities and invest in making a real difference through the philanthropy of the Sage Foundation. Our Sage Foundation is based on the 2+2+2 model - 2% of free cash flow, 2% of colleagues' time and up to 2 free products each year to charitable organizations. Colleagues are empowered to give to the causes that matter to them.
Our customers make life-sacrifices. They take risks to follow their dreams and pursue their passions and, on this, global prosperity is built. They deserve a bigger voice and we will always work hard to champion this noble cause.