We provide small and medium-sized organizations, and mid-market companies with a range of easy-to-use, secure and efficient business management software and services - from accounting, HR and payroll, to payments, enterprise resource planning and customer relationship management. Our customers receive continuous advice and support through our global network of local experts to help them solve their business problems, giving them the confidence to achieve their business ambitions.
The Devops engineer is responsible for ensuring their service (a service our customers use to run their businesses) remains available, secure and performant. This role is required to administer, support, maintain and improve these products. Through the use of cutting edge technology, the Live Service Specialist ensures their services are designed and deployed to be best in class.
To do this the specialist works closely with product delivery teams by deploying, administering, monitoring and improving their service. This is a 24/7 operation that requires on call coverage from each specialist to problem solve any service incidents that may arise. Using guidance from Security, Architecture and Automation subject matter experts, the specialist builds and runs infrastructure, operational processes, ‘infrastructure automation’, improves development & operational capabilities (including: disaster recovery, high system availability, on-demand scalable solutions, infrastructure monitoring, continuous deployment capabilities.
· Take personal accountability for their products so that they remain available, secure and performant ensuring Customers For Life
· Take the lead during high pressure incident scenarios, balancing technical resolution and stakeholder communication.
· Improve the out of hours customer experience by participating in our 24x7 on-call rota
· Use technology and knowledge to design and implement solutions and services to simplify customer experience, mitigate risk, improve usability and to impact Sage’s goals
· Closely co-ordinate with product delivery teams to ensure that designs, standards and quality can be implemented improving the customer experience
· Research and build knowledge of new & generally available services, new ways to use technologies and changing business processes to gain efficiencies and improve customer experience
· Create, maintain, administer and enhance infrastructure and infrastructure automation, supporting secure and scalable environments to satisfy both operational, governance, product and customer needs.
· Enable continuous deployment cycles and on-demand deployment processes
· Monitor applications and systems, identifying issues proactively and mitigating them to improve the customer experience
· Perform ‘code’ and ‘code/infrastructure’ deployments
· Maintain Configuration Management DB for key services.
· Operate to ISO standards and document all processes
· Communicate with key stakeholders on planned changes, incidents and service improvement plans
· Relevant experience in systems administration and hosting services.
· Strong communication skills verbal and written with ability to build relationships and influence
· Familiarity with SDLC functional disciplines: QA, Development, design, etc.
· Clear customer focus and understanding how their actions directly impact the experience our customers receive
· Outstanding knowledge of modern Linux or Windows Server operating systems, preferably in an online, customer facing environment
· Expert knowledge of database design, replication and administration (MySQL, MSSQL & NoSQL all welcomed!)
· Task automation using scripting languages such as Perl, PowerShell or shell scripting to increase efficiency and reduce error in an online environment
· Extensive experience in cloud technologies (Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services or Force.com)
· Extensive experience in a support role, ideally to Tier 3, working in a customer facing, complex technical environment.
Sage is the market leader for integrated accounting, payroll and payment systems, supporting the ambition of the world’s entrepreneurs.
Like many of the businesses we serve, Sage began as a small business and has grown beyond what seemed imaginable. Today over 13000 colleagues now support millions of entrepreneurs across 23 countries as they power the global economy.
It is these entrepreneurs who are the drivers of prosperity and it’s our privilege and honour to serve them. We take real pride from how many of our customers have flourished and, that our products have grown with them as they moved from start-up to successful, international businesses.
In a world where only the voices of the biggest are heard, we will always fight to hear the voice of the entrepreneur.
An innovator today and tomorrow
Our smart people use the smartest technology to reinvent and simplify business accounting - working with a thriving community of entrepreneurs, business owners, tradespeople, accountants, partners and developers.
We enable our customers to focus on their business and help them to leapfrog to the future.
Inventing the future
We are changing the way that millions of businesses track the movement of money through their business. We are also changing the way we do business. And as a FTSE 100 business we believe in a socially-responsible world and we are active in supporting our local communities and invest in making a real difference through the philanthropy of the Sage Foundation. Our Sage Foundation is based on the 2+2+2 model - 2% of free cash flow, 2% of colleagues' time and up to 2 free products each year to charitable organizations. Colleagues are empowered to give to the causes that matter to them.
Our customers make life-sacrifices. They take risks to follow their dreams and pursue their passions and, on this, global prosperity is built. They deserve a bigger voice and we will always work hard to champion this noble cause.