At Sage, the Product Management + Product Marketing team do three simple things:
1. Dream up knock-out products, with innovative technology, that customers cannot live without,
2. Build + lead outstanding go-to-markets fuelled with amazing storytelling, customer proof points + smart growth plans;
3. Obsessive commercial management that drives customers + Sage get the maximum value + return from investments
Commercial Managers are accountable for #3 and are obsessed with ensuring that Sage gets the best possible return from its investments. With shared accountability for the end to end commercial success of the region... this function takes the ambitious commercial plan set by Product Marketing and tracks progress through KPIs, measuring customer value propositions effectiveness, reviewing marketing + sales operational performance… spotting opportunities for improvement. This function then constructs prioritised improvement plans, activates the right team and leads/drives execution to achieve the best outcome.
The Commercial Manager is accountable for the systematic review + optimisation of the commercial plans for their category or segment.
1. Co-owns the end to end commercial success of their category or segment within the region
2. Partner with PMM to define stretching commercial plans
3. Track end to end product performance + identify improvement opportunities to drive greater commercial return
4. Define + maintain a fully sized + prioritised opportunity landscape
5. Define + deliver strategies to improve acquisition, retention, upsell and cross-sell
6. Activate required teams to deliver improvements
7. Coordinate + drive execution of improvements
8. Support the superb execution of GTM plans
9. Evangelise value propositions across Sales + Marketing
10. Plan + execute recovery plans to close revenue gaps
1. Strong commercial management skills
2. Ability to quickly analyse + understand data, drawing deep conclusions on how to drive improvements
3. Strong understanding of hybrid + cloud software sales across direct and indirect channels
4. Experience/familiarity with the customer engagement lifecycle
5. Thrives when working in a matrix environment, where colleagues need to be supported, driven, influenced to deliver even bigger results
6. Proven creative thinker that independently generates and executes on innovative commercial ideas
7. Proven track record of driving the in-life commercial performance of products to deliver amazing results
8. Exceptional team player with proven ability to lead through influence
9. Can lead cross functional teams to deliver stretching goals in tight timescales
10. Communicates with confidence + is able to inspire + influence senior decision makers
Sage is the market leader for integrated accounting, payroll and payment systems, supporting the ambition of the world’s entrepreneurs.
Like many of the businesses we serve, Sage began as a small business and has grown beyond what seemed imaginable. Today over 13000 colleagues now support millions of entrepreneurs across 23 countries as they power the global economy.
It is these entrepreneurs who are the drivers of prosperity and it’s our privilege and honour to serve them. We take real pride from how many of our customers have flourished and, that our products have grown with them as they moved from start-up to successful, international businesses.
In a world where only the voices of the biggest are heard, we will always fight to hear the voice of the entrepreneur.
An innovator today and tomorrow
Our smart people use the smartest technology to reinvent and simplify business accounting - working with a thriving community of entrepreneurs, business owners, tradespeople, accountants, partners and developers.
We enable our customers to focus on their business and help them to leapfrog to the future.
Inventing the future
We are changing the way that millions of businesses track the movement of money through their business. We are also changing the way we do business. And as a FTSE 100 business we believe in a socially-responsible world and we are active in supporting our local communities and invest in making a real difference through the philanthropy of the Sage Foundation. Our Sage Foundation is based on the 2+2+2 model - 2% of free cash flow, 2% of colleagues' time and up to 2 free products each year to charitable organizations. Colleagues are empowered to give to the causes that matter to them.
Our customers make life-sacrifices. They take risks to follow their dreams and pursue their passions and, on this, global prosperity is built. They deserve a bigger voice and we will always work hard to champion this noble cause.