The role is a 12 month Maternity Cover position to support the Northern Europe Legal Services in the delivery of legal advice. Working with key business and functional stakeholders to support qualified solicitors with the performance of legal compliance research and due diligence together with delivering low level legal support and administration.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
• Perform legal due diligence and research.
• Undertake legal reviews (including document reviews) and report against them.
• Support the delivery of legal advice and guidance as it relates to Sage’s business.
• Engage with colleagues as directed and functional stakeholders on legal privacy. matters and co-ordinate the timely delivery of information to other Legal colleagues.
• Be the primary Legal Services administrative support for all Northern European subject access requests.
• Produce and maintain specifically identified legal collateral and best practice guidance for use by Legal Services and wider stakeholders.
• Identify and pro-actively implement any improvements and updates to legal matters that are explicitly identified as being within this person’s accountability.
• Support Legal Services in Northern Europe to ensure compliance with all internal Sage policy.
Key performance indicators:
• Good relationships developed and maintained with internal data stakeholders across all of Sage’s operations
• Developed accountability for specifically identified low level legal matters
• Maintains and updates legal guidance and processes
Key stakeholders: All business areas and functions supported by Northern European Legal Services.
Skills, know-how and experience:
Excellent spoken and written communication skills
The ability to accurately follow instructions
Able to work with and engage key functional and business stakeholders at different levels within our organisation
Excellent attention to detail
Good research skills
Ability to work in a team
Good organisational and time management skills with an execution focus
Technical / professional qualifications:
A legal qualification is desirable
Sage is the market leader for integrated accounting, payroll and payment systems, supporting the ambition of the world’s entrepreneurs.
Like many of the businesses we serve, Sage began as a small business and has grown beyond what seemed imaginable. Today over 13000 colleagues now support millions of entrepreneurs across 23 countries as they power the global economy.
It is these entrepreneurs who are the drivers of prosperity and it’s our privilege and honour to serve them. We take real pride from how many of our customers have flourished and, that our products have grown with them as they moved from start-up to successful, international businesses.
In a world where only the voices of the biggest are heard, we will always fight to hear the voice of the entrepreneur.
An innovator today and tomorrow
Our smart people use the smartest technology to reinvent and simplify business accounting - working with a thriving community of entrepreneurs, business owners, tradespeople, accountants, partners and developers.
We enable our customers to focus on their business and help them to leapfrog to the future.
Inventing the future
We are changing the way that millions of businesses track the movement of money through their business. We are also changing the way we do business. And as a FTSE 100 business we believe in a socially-responsible world and we are active in supporting our local communities and invest in making a real difference through the philanthropy of the Sage Foundation. Our Sage Foundation is based on the 2+2+2 model - 2% of free cash flow, 2% of colleagues' time and up to 2 free products each year to charitable organizations. Colleagues are empowered to give to the causes that matter to them.
Our customers make life-sacrifices. They take risks to follow their dreams and pursue their passions and, on this, global prosperity is built. They deserve a bigger voice and we will always work hard to champion this noble cause.