In support of Sage’s vision, the IT function has moved to a single global operating model. As a consequence, we have moved to a new IT management structure, aligned functionally, supported by regional and local representation. Our mission is to transform the way IT is delivered to customers and colleagues across the world with the emphasis on simplicity, mobility, and efficiency. Architecture and IT strategy will be core to enabling our colleagues to focus more on our customers and increasing revenue by providing unified global IT platforms, multi-channel customer engagement and a consistent customer experience across the globe.
The Business Analyst is responsible for engaging with colleagues across Sage to capture, analyse and document requirements for IT requests and projects. The Business Analyst will work closely with the Business Analyst Manager and IT and the wider business to ensure that the requirements are understood, agreed and will form the basis of execution within IT. On occasion the Lead Business Analyst may be required to conduct analysis on projects.
• To work closely with colleagues and support Sage’s strategy and objectives
• To work within the IT project framework and help to continuously improve the way in which the IT Business Analyst team work
• To ensure that the IT Business Analyst team create requirement outputs that provide the clarity required for IT solution design
• To shape and influence the frameworks, methodologies and ways of working within the IT Project Management function
• To support IT leadership in delivering the vision for the team
• To support IT with any complex issues or necessary mediation
• Work with development teams throughout design, development and testing activities
• To provide constant communication with business and IT stakeholders
• To motivate a team of IT Business Analyst team
• To deal with escalations from projects that IT Business Analysts are working on
• To identify risks and issues and take and/or recommend appropriate mitigation
To champion technology innovation and continuous improvement in technology that will enable change and/or improvement of existing business operations
· Experience of using Agile analysis tools (e.g. JIRA, Confluence)
· Experience of IT related development and deployments – CRM, Digital, ERP or Data
Well versed when dealing with senior stakeholders, IT teams and 3rd party vendors
Technical / professional qualifications:
Sage is the market leader for integrated accounting, payroll and payment systems, supporting the ambition of the world’s entrepreneurs.
Like many of the businesses we serve, Sage began as a small business and has grown beyond what seemed imaginable. Today over 13000 colleagues now support millions of entrepreneurs across 23 countries as they power the global economy.
It is these entrepreneurs who are the drivers of prosperity and it’s our privilege and honour to serve them. We take real pride from how many of our customers have flourished and, that our products have grown with them as they moved from start-up to successful, international businesses.
In a world where only the voices of the biggest are heard, we will always fight to hear the voice of the entrepreneur.
An innovator today and tomorrow
Our smart people use the smartest technology to reinvent and simplify business accounting - working with a thriving community of entrepreneurs, business owners, tradespeople, accountants, partners and developers.
We enable our customers to focus on their business and help them to leapfrog to the future.
Inventing the future
We are changing the way that millions of businesses track the movement of money through their business. We are also changing the way we do business. And as a FTSE 100 business we believe in a socially-responsible world and we are active in supporting our local communities and invest in making a real difference through the philanthropy of the Sage Foundation. Our Sage Foundation is based on the 2+2+2 model - 2% of free cash flow, 2% of colleagues' time and up to 2 free products each year to charitable organizations. Colleagues are empowered to give to the causes that matter to them.
Our customers make life-sacrifices. They take risks to follow their dreams and pursue their passions and, on this, global prosperity is built. They deserve a bigger voice and we will always work hard to champion this noble cause.