The Software Engineer is responsible for building, enhancing and maintaining products and/or systems to enable Sage’s business plans and long term objectives using the identified architecture.
The Developer will design, develop and deliver high quality products and/or systems and services that exceed customers’ or business partners’ expectations and will proactively share their own knowledge for specific technical solutions and business processes in their area of responsibility.
• Develop, deliver, maintain and implement high quality technical solutions
• Participate in all phases of the project lifecycle
• Maintain relevant documentation to describe logic, coding/configuration, testing and changes where applicable
• Continuously strive to make improvements to the existing products and/or systems and services
• Seek out and act upon feedback
• Other help and assistance to promote knowledge sharing
• Ensure all tasks are completed to the required quality standards
• Keep up to date with relevant technology areas
• 2 - 5 years of relevant experience in software design and development
• Strong knowledge in SQL and database
• Good technical skill in Object Oriented design
• Excellent problem solving skill
• Experience in HR/Payroll software development (highly preferred)
Sage is the market leader for integrated accounting, payroll and payment systems, supporting the ambition of the world’s entrepreneurs.
Like many of the businesses we serve, Sage began as a small business and has grown beyond what seemed imaginable. Today over 13000 colleagues now support millions of entrepreneurs across 23 countries as they power the global economy.
It is these entrepreneurs who are the drivers of prosperity and it’s our privilege and honour to serve them. We take real pride from how many of our customers have flourished and, that our products have grown with them as they moved from start-up to successful, international businesses.
In a world where only the voices of the biggest are heard, we will always fight to hear the voice of the entrepreneur.
An innovator today and tomorrow
Our smart people use the smartest technology to reinvent and simplify business accounting - working with a thriving community of entrepreneurs, business owners, tradespeople, accountants, partners and developers.
We enable our customers to focus on their business and help them to leapfrog to the future.
Inventing the future
We are changing the way that millions of businesses track the movement of money through their business. We are also changing the way we do business. And as a FTSE 100 business we believe in a socially-responsible world and we are active in supporting our local communities and invest in making a real difference through the philanthropy of the Sage Foundation. Our Sage Foundation is based on the 2+2+2 model - 2% of free cash flow, 2% of colleagues' time and up to 2 free products each year to charitable organizations. Colleagues are empowered to give to the causes that matter to them.
Our customers make life-sacrifices. They take risks to follow their dreams and pursue their passions and, on this, global prosperity is built. They deserve a bigger voice and we will always work hard to champion this noble cause.