Job purpose: At Sage, Product Marketing creates and tells inspirational customer and market focused stories with cutting edge demonstrations to people around the world. We develop product messaging and positioning, go-to-market programs, and sales enablement resources while working closely with our marketing peers in the creation of compelling campaigns. We measure our success by our ability to develop creative and innovative marketing strategies, our ability to gain key buyers' mindshare and by the delivery of successful commercial results. Successful candidates will have a passion for taking the complex and making it simple, and for marketing through compelling stories.
Reporting to the Product Marketing Director, Australia & Asia, the Product Marketing Manager is accountable for driving the vision, messaging, awareness and go-to-market strategies for their segment and region
• Work with the industry's best product marketing team to define the positioning and go-to-market messaging and strategies in the defined segment and region.
• Create visionary and compelling internal and external customer-facing content.
• Own the go-to-market positioning and frameworks for the targeted segment and region.
• Build and manage exciting, innovative product launch plans that are fully synced with business and revenue goals and ensure effective and ongoing relevancy in the market to drive demand generation and pipeline.
• Partner with a world class Product Management team to distill key functionality and benefits into core product marketing messages.
• Dream up engaging product demonstrations that are used on stage, in videos and are the basis for customer engagements in the sales and decision process.
• Confidently deliver presentations to audiences of all sizes (ranging from one person to hundreds of people).
• Develop effective sales training materials, making it easy for sales to understand our product offerings and key positioning.
• Partner with marketing to create innovative marketing campaigns, SEO, and web design to build pipeline.
• Localize all marketing materials for global solutions, including value propositions, messaging positioning, sales enablement tools and ensure local execution is consistent with global messaging.
• Work with the Product Marketing Director to manage local forecasts, funnels and contribute to business planning and set KPIs, tracking, testing and optimizing for results in collaboration with Marketing Operations.
• Deeply understand competition in the segment and region, determining Sage’s relative positioning according to their products.
• Act as a local ambassador of Sage within the business community and partners.
• Contribute to our global charter to be the most successful product marketing team on the planet by being obsessed with customers and creativity.
• Contribute to exceptional Sage content and thought leadership
• Exemplify great social marketing.
• Take responsibility for missions in the global product marketing team
• Experience launching new technology products to disrupt markets through innovative ideas balanced with market research.
• Experience/familiarity with the customer engagement lifecycle and accounting solutions applications.
• Proven speaker comfortable in large audiences.
• Proven creative thinker that independently generates and executes on innovative marketing ideas.
• Proven track record in crafting compelling positioning and thought leadership content.
• Hands-on ability to create a range of marketing assets (including on-message product demo videos, sharp succinct slide pitch-decks).
• Demonstrated ability in launching and growing hit products.
• Strong communication and writing skills and ability to work across business lines, presenting to executive leadership and at different levels of management.
• Super-star skills managing multiple projects with very tight deadlines.
• Exceptional team player with proven ability to lead through influence
• Accountancy qualification desirable
• Bachelor/Master degree or equivalent (MBA a plus)
• 5+ years of product marketing experience
Sage is the market leader for integrated accounting, payroll and payment systems, supporting the ambition of the world’s entrepreneurs.
Like many of the businesses we serve, Sage began as a small business and has grown beyond what seemed imaginable. Today over 13000 colleagues now support millions of entrepreneurs across 23 countries as they power the global economy.
It is these entrepreneurs who are the drivers of prosperity and it’s our privilege and honour to serve them. We take real pride from how many of our customers have flourished and, that our products have grown with them as they moved from start-up to successful, international businesses.
In a world where only the voices of the biggest are heard, we will always fight to hear the voice of the entrepreneur.
An innovator today and tomorrow
Our smart people use the smartest technology to reinvent and simplify business accounting - working with a thriving community of entrepreneurs, business owners, tradespeople, accountants, partners and developers.
We enable our customers to focus on their business and help them to leapfrog to the future.
Inventing the future
We are changing the way that millions of businesses track the movement of money through their business. We are also changing the way we do business. And as a FTSE 100 business we believe in a socially-responsible world and we are active in supporting our local communities and invest in making a real difference through the philanthropy of the Sage Foundation. Our Sage Foundation is based on the 2+2+2 model - 2% of free cash flow, 2% of colleagues' time and up to 2 free products each year to charitable organizations. Colleagues are empowered to give to the causes that matter to them.
Our customers make life-sacrifices. They take risks to follow their dreams and pursue their passions and, on this, global prosperity is built. They deserve a bigger voice and we will always work hard to champion this noble cause.