The Strategic Talent Development Manager is a high profile position responsible for managing the development and implementation of talent management initiatives and programmes across Sage and will be responsible for the Sage Talent Review process, creating robust succession Plans for T30 roles, conduct quarterly talent reviews with ExCo and assigned development to address gaps in T30
This is a role ideally suited to a proven talent professional, with a HR generalist background familiar with talent, L&D and recruitment processes. CIPD Qualification is essential.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Support the L&D COE (Centre of Expertise), People Business Partners (PBPs) and leaders to ensure Talent is accurately identified and Talent records and supporting materials are accurate and up to date. Research industry best practice and share ideas of enhancing existing Sage talent processes.
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of ‘Success Profiles’ for the T30 critical roles and in ensuring these profiles are effectively utilised by PBPs and leaders and inform robust development plans which are linked to succession.
- Responsible for the development and on-going review of talent, succession and development planning metrics to extract business insights which serve as an input to the annual board talent review.
- Collaborate with the People Business Partners to deliver Quarterly Talent Review’s with our ExCo leaders, focusing on updating succession plans, aligning PDP’s to succession and scenario planning. Ensure actions are agreed and taken forward and that insight is fed into relevant COE’s e.g. Talent Acquisition and L&D to develop solutions.
- Work with the VP L&D, CPO and external provider to agree the approach and execution of the Executive Development Programme. Ensure the right leaders are invited to participate in the programme and that success is measured. Gather feedback from leaders and participants to ensure the effectiveness of the programme is constantly improved.
- As part of the wider L&D COE support PBPs and leaders with the identification of emerging talent. Ensure this insight is fed into succession plans and that PDP’s are put in place to support these colleagues in realising their potential. Utilise and promote the use of internal development tools such as the FT125 events, Civil Service Secondment Programme and Women@Sage Mentoring Programme etc.
- Work with the L&D COE to support the development of new colleagues experience through our induction programme. Help to review content and materials and make sure they are up to date and relevant.
- Ensure all new SMT leaders who completed the Hogan Inventories as part of their recruitment process receive feedback within their first 3 months. Take responsibility for delivering these feedback sessions, or delegate responsibility to another qualified facilitator. Support leader to build insight into their PDP. Ensure line manager receives an overview of the feedback and understand their role supporting the development of their colleague.
- Coach and develop Talent Administrators to achieve their goals and support the delivery of the Talent Strategy.
- Support the achievement of Sage’s ambition to attract and hire a diverse workforce to achieve the target 35% females in leadership and technology roles by 2018 through regularly reviewing Succession Plans and identification of key talent.
- Responsible for collaborating with the People Services team to track the entry and exit process for SMT leaders reporting monthly on movements (People KPI’s) and extract insights and patterns from data.
- Work with the Employer Brand Manager and support initiatives which will promote Sage’s reputation as a great employer e.g. LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Sage Careers Center.
- Manage third-party vendor and consulting relationships as needed.
Key performance indicators:
- Succession Plans in place for T30 roles
- Success Profiles produced and maintained for the T30 critical roles
- 100% PDPs in place for SMT leaders
· Assigned development to address gaps in T30
- Improvement in ‘ready now’ successors
- Quarterly Talent Review’s conducted with ExCo
- 1.2 FTE Talent Administrators based in Newcastle
Chief People Officer, People Business Partners, L&D Leaders, People Leadership Team, People Services Team, Exec Hiring Director, Employer Brand Manager, Internal Communications Business Partner, Reward COE, External Partners / Providers
Skills, know-how and experience:
Previous experience within a specialist talent role supporting PBP’s and business leaders.
A subject matter expert with deep talent management knowledge and a passion for keeping this knowledge current
Knowledge of other HR Practices including: resourcing, assessment for selection (and development), development, performance management, reward, OD, succession planning
Proven track record in building and sustaining productive relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
Personal credibility (acts with integrity, delivers commitments, confronts appropriately, maintains strict confidentiality, listens and focuses on transforming problems into opportunities, personally confident with different hierarchical levels; positive and consistent)
Strong interpersonal, influencing and networking skills at a senior level - adapts style to match differing agendas
Sound commercial awareness with experience of working within a large commercial environment in an HR role
Experience of working within the technology industry with a good grasp of how a matrix organisation works
Experience in internal or external HR consultancy
Proven track record of working across geographically dispersed teams
Experience working with a Talent Management System
Technical / professional qualifications:
CPID (or equivalent qualification)
Accredited to interpret Hogan Inventory Assessments
Accredited to interpret the Lominger competency framework
Sage is the market leader for integrated accounting, payroll and payment systems, supporting the ambition of the world’s entrepreneurs.
Like many of the businesses we serve, Sage began as a small business and has grown beyond what seemed imaginable. Today over 13000 colleagues now support millions of entrepreneurs across 23 countries as they power the global economy.
It is these entrepreneurs who are the drivers of prosperity and it’s our privilege and honour to serve them. We take real pride from how many of our customers have flourished and, that our products have grown with them as they moved from start-up to successful, international businesses.
In a world where only the voices of the biggest are heard, we will always fight to hear the voice of the entrepreneur.
An innovator today and tomorrow
Our smart people use the smartest technology to reinvent and simplify business accounting - working with a thriving community of entrepreneurs, business owners, tradespeople, accountants, partners and developers.
We enable our customers to focus on their business and help them to leapfrog to the future.
Inventing the future
We are changing the way that millions of businesses track the movement of money through their business. We are also changing the way we do business. And as a FTSE 100 business we believe in a socially-responsible world and we are active in supporting our local communities and invest in making a real difference through the philanthropy of the Sage Foundation. Our Sage Foundation is based on the 2+2+2 model - 2% of free cash flow, 2% of colleagues' time and up to 2 free products each year to charitable organizations. Colleagues are empowered to give to the causes that matter to them.
Our customers make life-sacrifices. They take risks to follow their dreams and pursue their passions and, on this, global prosperity is built. They deserve a bigger voice and we will always work hard to champion this noble cause.