The primary purpose of this role is to support sales revenue by developing and displaying advocacy through industry, subject matter and product expertise. As a Payroll Pre-Sales
Consultant, you will be a key team member in the success of this strategic business for Sage by consulting with clients to understand their Payroll challenges and needs and by applying
your process and subject matter expertise. The Consultant will then present and demonstrate Sage X3 People software, in partnership with the Account Sales Manager. This role will also
be responsible for supporting the team in the recruitment and enablement of our Business Partner Channel.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
· Work in partnerships with the Account Sales Manager to uncover and clarify each
Client’s challenges and needs to develop the best fit technology solution.
· Demonstrate excellent listening skills, with the ability to rapidly link business
requirements to product capability and Client usage/value
· Share real-world examples of how individuals and organisations achieve their goals
through well-applied technology implementation
· Deliver effective functional presentations of Sage X3 People. This may include standard
business add-ons as applicable.
· Maintain and enhance your Industry, Product and underlying technology knowledge, to
be recognised as an expert and an ambassador for the Sage Brand both in person and
through Social Media
· Coach, mentor and otherwise share your product, industry and subject matter
knowledge to other sales & marketing staff.
· Provide feedback to Product Management from information gained over the course of
Client engagements, specifically relating to product fit and suggestions for improvement
to Sage X3 People functionality.
· Provide input to the Commercial Marketing team on opportunities identified to enter or
expand into market sectors, and mitigate against potential competitive threats
· Support Business Partner, Industry and Client events both in the planning and execution
· Provide coaching to Sage Business Partners to enable their Sales teams to successfully
demonstrate Sage’s solution set where applicable
· Provide support to the Partner Alliances and Development Manager in recruitment of
New Business Partners
· Coach and mentor graduates in the graduate training programme
Technical / professional qualifications:
· A CIPP qualification would be desirable.
Skills, know-how and experience:
· A good working understanding of the processes underpinning Payroll Management
Including pension auto enrolment, UK tax, HMRC submission and other UK legislative
· Familiarity in using payroll management software e.g. ADP, SD Worx, KCS, MHR, Sage
50, Oracle, SAP, Workday or similar.
· Ability to bring software use alive using customer cases and problem solving ‘stories’ –
thereby enabling the prospect to imagine their own success
· A curious mind with desire to research clients before meetings
· An enthusiastic, entertaining and empathetic presenter
· Comfortable as a speaker to larger audiences
· An ability to communicate persuasively and effectively in a variety of written and face
to face formats with a wide range of people. These will include Clients at varying levels
· Competence in using Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel & PowerPoint)
· Competence in, or willingness to learn and use, Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter etc.)
· Excellent time management skills; ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines in a
fast-paced and changing environmen
· Ability to build strong relationships with Clients
· High level of attention to detail
· Ability to work as part of a team and on your own initiative
· Experience of building relationships across organisations, including influencing at
· Track record of hitting/ exceeding goals & objectives
Sage is the market leader for integrated accounting, payroll and payment systems, supporting the ambition of the world’s entrepreneurs.
Like many of the businesses we serve, Sage began as a small business and has grown beyond what seemed imaginable. Today over 13000 colleagues now support millions of entrepreneurs across 23 countries as they power the global economy.
It is these entrepreneurs who are the drivers of prosperity and it’s our privilege and honour to serve them. We take real pride from how many of our customers have flourished and, that our products have grown with them as they moved from start-up to successful, international businesses.
In a world where only the voices of the biggest are heard, we will always fight to hear the voice of the entrepreneur.
An innovator today and tomorrow
Our smart people use the smartest technology to reinvent and simplify business accounting - working with a thriving community of entrepreneurs, business owners, tradespeople, accountants, partners and developers.
We enable our customers to focus on their business and help them to leapfrog to the future.
Inventing the future
We are changing the way that millions of businesses track the movement of money through their business. We are also changing the way we do business. And as a FTSE 100 business we believe in a socially-responsible world and we are active in supporting our local communities and invest in making a real difference through the philanthropy of the Sage Foundation. Our Sage Foundation is based on the 2+2+2 model - 2% of free cash flow, 2% of colleagues' time and up to 2 free products each year to charitable organizations. Colleagues are empowered to give to the causes that matter to them.
Our customers make life-sacrifices. They take risks to follow their dreams and pursue their passions and, on this, global prosperity is built. They deserve a bigger voice and we will always work hard to champion this noble cause.