In this highly customer-interactive role the Product Consultant will be required to have an excellent understanding and experience of implementing ERP systems in order to enable the Sage Business Partner community in their own implementation of Sage X3 solutions. The role is focussed on delivery of expert mentoring of Sage Business Partner Consultants to enable them to deliver Sage X3 solutions to their own customers. The Product Consultant will work closely with the Business Partner Implementation Consultants to deliver their first customer project whilst mentoring the consultants to fully enable them for future implementations. They will also be a continuous support and mentoring reference for Business Partner Consultants on complex implementation topics or issues. The Product Consultant will provide the highest level of customer and partner satisfaction, giving an Extraordinary Customer Experience at all times. They will be regarded as a product expert in Sage X3 and through their expertise ensure our customers and partners maximise the investment they have made with Sage. Their role will support ambitious growth plans to reflect aggressive future revenue targets by rapidly enabling and empowering our partners
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
· Maintain a thorough knowledge of Sage X3 implementation processes to deliver services
in support of Sage Business Partner Enablement. This will be through hands on project
experience but also through self-study
· Achieve Product Expert level in Finance and good understanding in at least one key
discipline – e.g. Manufacturing & Distribution, Technical or Developer.
· Effective and professional delivery of training courses or workshops to an audience of
implementation, support and presales consultants using real-world experience and
· Provision/input of knowledge material to the Training team, collaboration with Training
Experts on the design of Training topics and materials
· Develop close working relationship with Sage Business Partners to determine their specific needs for Sage assisted project implementation. Deliver those services such as scoping, designing, implementing and tuning Sage X3 whilst being shadowed by Business
· Mentor consultants whilst they carry out their first implementation ensuring that their
credibility is maintained with their direct customer for future work
· Define and deliver Implementation Workshops and other enablement initiatives to
accelerate Business Partner learning
· ‘Trouble-shoot’ customer issues and problems on-site, using the opportunity to develop
and build relationships with the customer and Sage Business Partner to ensure effective
implementation of Sage X3 for our end customers
· Remain abreast of industry trends and requirements within the ERP sector
· Record all meetings and appointments accurately and to submit planned and actual
consultancy time and engagement reports
· Support marketing events as required (e.g. at seminars and new release training)
· Provide input to Sage X3 product development and Product Management as appropriate
Skills, know-how and experience:
· ERP Implementation experience spanning full project lifecycle
· Excellent knowledge of Finance and another area of ERP (e.g. Distribution / Technical)
· Excellent training skills - the ability to transfer knowledge as an expert using techniques
to engage the delegates and enhance the learning experience
· The ability to digest complex technical information quickly and formulate this into a
comprehensive and succinct format
· Strong analytical skills: able to gather, analyse and interpret data to aid decision making
· Proactive solution oriented problem-solving skills and the ability to come up with
· Ability to write in a clear and concise manner using appropriate grammar, style and
language for the reader. Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of written and
verbal formats with a wide range of people
· Comfortable working to challenging timescales
· Ability to prioritise workload and manage own time in a deadline-driven environment
high level of attention to detail
· Strong technical skills including report writing
· Crystal Report design skills
· Ability to deal with difficult customer situations
· Influencing skills
· Forward thinking and proactive
· Must be available to travel to client sites and spend time away from home working on
· Knowledge of Sage product/ service portfolio – Sage X3 preferred.
· Strong financial awareness with product knowledge of another mid-market ERP solution
including but not limited to the following financial streams:
o General Ledger
o Accounts Payable
o Accounts Receivable
o Fixed Assets
o Bank reconciliation
o Time and Expenses
o Project accounting
o Reporting and Business Intelligence
· Successful track record in the delivery of ERP projects on time and on budget
· Demonstrable experience of providing financial ERP software solution based professional
and training services
· Finance focused training delivery
· Product related consultative delivery
· Commercial experience within the finance sector
· Experience of BI solutions
· General technical knowledge or comfort (Development languages, SQL, Technical)
Sage is the market leader for integrated accounting, payroll and payment systems, supporting the ambition of the world’s entrepreneurs.
Like many of the businesses we serve, Sage began as a small business and has grown beyond what seemed imaginable. Today over 13000 colleagues now support millions of entrepreneurs across 23 countries as they power the global economy.
It is these entrepreneurs who are the drivers of prosperity and it’s our privilege and honour to serve them. We take real pride from how many of our customers have flourished and, that our products have grown with them as they moved from start-up to successful, international businesses.
In a world where only the voices of the biggest are heard, we will always fight to hear the voice of the entrepreneur.
An innovator today and tomorrow
Our smart people use the smartest technology to reinvent and simplify business accounting - working with a thriving community of entrepreneurs, business owners, tradespeople, accountants, partners and developers.
We enable our customers to focus on their business and help them to leapfrog to the future.
Inventing the future
We are changing the way that millions of businesses track the movement of money through their business. We are also changing the way we do business. And as a FTSE 100 business we believe in a socially-responsible world and we are active in supporting our local communities and invest in making a real difference through the philanthropy of the Sage Foundation. Our Sage Foundation is based on the 2+2+2 model - 2% of free cash flow, 2% of colleagues' time and up to 2 free products each year to charitable organizations. Colleagues are empowered to give to the causes that matter to them.
Our customers make life-sacrifices. They take risks to follow their dreams and pursue their passions and, on this, global prosperity is built. They deserve a bigger voice and we will always work hard to champion this noble cause.