Can you manage the ERP project and deliver the required quality?
Can you join a project team that provides solution and expertise to our clients?
Can you gain extensive knowledge of Sage products and use it to drive change?
This role is responsible for managing a portfolio of multi-disciplined projects, with the objective of effectively defining the project process that will be used to ensure the successful achievement of projects including into FTSE 100, Blue Chip and instantly recognisable brand clients. Projects are likely to have a value of circa £100k and above. Project management must be delivered to an exceptionally high standard to ensure that the customer experience is excellent.
· Working with the Client Sponsors (i.e. Finance Directors, Human Resources Directors,
Finance Directors and IT Group Directors) to define a project plan which supports their
objectives, constraints and business strategy
· Project management of ERP-related projects, including preparation of project plans,
facilitating collaboration across a number of departments, day to day management of
projects and any project support, production of reports and maintenance of project files
· Ensuring that the projects deliver the required quality of outputs, on time and within
· Monitoring project progress, identifying and managing the key risks within the project,
ensuring timely delivery of milestones, checking reports and working with project
participants to resolve issues as they arise
· Provision of technical and research support to develop and maintain expert knowledge of
project management methodologies, and domains pertinent to specific projects
· Establishing strong working partnerships with project participants and other relevant
stakeholders to optimise project delivery
· Ensuring satisfactory liaison with customers at project and project board level, managing
any conflicts through to solution
Skills, know-how and experience:
· Experience of project managing projects related to ERP solutions
· Strong commercial awareness and previous experience of delivery opportunities to
· Ability to manage, motivate and delegate project teams, partnerships and relationships
· Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of written and verbal formats with a wide
range of people, external individuals, organizations and agencies
· Ability to manage a programme of projects at various stages
· Ability to develop creative, innovative commercial solutions and opportunities
· Contingency and risk management skills
· Knowledge of IS Development processes and procedures
· Experience of working with budgets and financial systems
· Goal orientation and action focused
· Strong analytical skills – able to gather, analyse and interpret data to aid decision making
· Problem solving and decision making – able to take a broad approach to problem solving
that leads to practical decision making
· Planning and organisational skills
· Customer focus – able to understand and anticipate internal and external customer
· Establishing and implementing progress reporting mechanism to keep stakeholders fully
informed paying specific attention to budget status and forecasting
· Managing the margin and profitability of projects
· Establishing and implementing Change Management programs
· Mediating between project participants in case of disputes (internal) and supports clients
in overcoming their own internal conflict as appropriate
· As the assigned subject matter expert in a specific area, accountable for defining Sage’s
approach in that regard (e.g. Quality, Governance etc.)
· Contributing to external meetings, events, seminars, reports and other publications as
necessary in relation to the portfolio of projects being managed
· Actively sourcing and managing resources in line with project requirements ensuring that
resource plans are viable and in line with project deliverables
· Procuring (as necessary) the services of and manage relationships with external
contractors and service providers in line with Sage’s own service level agreements, to
ensure value for money and optimum service delivery
· Collaborating with other Project Managers from across the business to ensure that
governance is carried out in a consistent way
· Undertaking any other related tasks as may be determined from time to time needs in order to develop and influence win-win solutions that benefit both the Sage and
· Experienced people manager with excellent influencing and negotiating skills
· Strong change management skills required for dynamic work environment
· Understand the relationships & dependencies between departments
· Ability to prioritise workload and manage own time
· Strong team player
· Microsoft Project and Productivity tools
· Knowledge of various routes to market (direct and indirect)
· Understands competitive environment and the competition
· Good understanding of Sage’s market place
· Knowledge of change management systems, processes, procedures, and documentation
· Knowledge of Sage product/service portfolio
Technical / professional qualifications:
· Degree or Post Graduate level or equivalent
· Recognised formal project management qualifications and/or project management
Sage is the market leader for integrated accounting, payroll and payment systems, supporting the ambition of the world’s entrepreneurs.
Like many of the businesses we serve, Sage began as a small business and has grown beyond what seemed imaginable. Today over 13000 colleagues now support millions of entrepreneurs across 23 countries as they power the global economy.
It is these entrepreneurs who are the drivers of prosperity and it’s our privilege and honour to serve them. We take real pride from how many of our customers have flourished and, that our products have grown with them as they moved from start-up to successful, international businesses.
In a world where only the voices of the biggest are heard, we will always fight to hear the voice of the entrepreneur.
An innovator today and tomorrow
Our smart people use the smartest technology to reinvent and simplify business accounting - working with a thriving community of entrepreneurs, business owners, tradespeople, accountants, partners and developers.
We enable our customers to focus on their business and help them to leapfrog to the future.
Inventing the future
We are changing the way that millions of businesses track the movement of money through their business. We are also changing the way we do business. And as a FTSE 100 business we believe in a socially-responsible world and we are active in supporting our local communities and invest in making a real difference through the philanthropy of the Sage Foundation. Our Sage Foundation is based on the 2+2+2 model - 2% of free cash flow, 2% of colleagues' time and up to 2 free products each year to charitable organizations. Colleagues are empowered to give to the causes that matter to them.
Our customers make life-sacrifices. They take risks to follow their dreams and pursue their passions and, on this, global prosperity is built. They deserve a bigger voice and we will always work hard to champion this noble cause.