Sage is the market leader for integrated accounting, payroll and payment systems, supporting the ambition of the world’s entrepreneurs.
Sage began as a small business in the UK 35 years ago and over 13000 colleagues now support millions of entrepreneurs across 23 countries as they power the global economy. In a world where only the voices of the biggest are heard, we will always fight to hear the voice of the entrepreneur.
We reinvent and simplify business accounting through brilliant technology, working with a thriving community of entrepreneurs, business owners, tradespeople, accountants, partners and developers.
As a FTSE 100 business, we are active in supporting our local communities and invest in making a real difference through the philanthropy of the Sage Foundation – not only financially but through the participation of colleagues who are also empowered to give to the causes that matter to them.
We build products that make it easier for our customers to succeed. These include cloud based, SaaS systems built in Ruby on Rails, desk-top software built in Java, C# or C++ or our internal systems using ASP.NET/MVC.
As a developer in Sage you will design, develop and deliver high quality products or systems that exceed our customers’ expectations. You will be joining a motivated, talented and collaborative development team who proactively share their knowledge for specific technical solutions and business processes.
You will Influence, collaborate and co-ordinate with:
- Development Team Leader and/or Senior and Principal Developers – for direction and escalation.
- Architecture, Security & Design team - to ensure that it is possible to implement the proposed designs, standards and quality.
- Testers - to ensure deliverables have been fully understood and tested.
- Service Management/Customer Services - to provide technical support, as required, to assist with the prompt resolution of issues.
Who we're looking for
Individuals combining a passion for software development, openness to new ideas and technologies and able to work in a collaborative manner with the local and global development teams delivering products that make a real difference to our partners and customers around the world.
• Understanding of robust programming practises – languages we may expect to see are Ruby on Rails, Java, .NET, C# or any other Object Orientated language
• passion for agile and test driven development
• previous hands-on development role experience
• agile process experience, ideally Scrum
• excellent communication skills
• team player who takes pride in their work
• Someone who wants to learn a lot and have some fun along the way
We enjoy a high performing culture with a strong emphasis on developing our people. We will help you achieve your goals through regular career development plans, a commitment to continuous professional development and the freedom to unleash your potential.
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this or any other technology role at Sage, please link in with Andrew McFetrich
or Mark Scott